SREF - Site Reliability Engineering Foundation
Duration: 3.0 days
The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation? course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introducing a site-reliability dimension requires organizational re-alignment, a new focus on engineering & automation, and the adoption of a range of new working paradigms.
The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction, and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLO’s).
The course was developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders in the SRE space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices and has been designed to teach the key principles & practices necessary for starting SRE adoption.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the SRE Foundation certification exam.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes achieved will include the practical understanding of:
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s), Error budgets and the associated policies
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
- Observability as something to indicate the health of a service
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organizational impact that introducing SRE brings.
- SRE Principles & Practices
- What is Site Reliability
- SRE & DevOps: What is the
- SRE Principles & Practices
- Service Level Objectives & Error Budgets
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
- Error Budgets
- Error Budget Policies
- Reducing Toil
- What is Toil?
- Why is Toil Bad?
- Doing Something About Toil
- Monitoring & Service Level Indicators
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s)
- SRE Tools & Automation
- Automation Defined
- Automation Focus
- Hierarchy of Automation Types
- Secure Automation
- Automation Tools
- Anti-Fragility & Learning from Failure
- Why Learn from Failure
- Benefits of Anti-Fragility
- Shifting the Organizational Balance
- Organizational Impact of SRE
- Why Organizations Embrace SRE
- Patterns for SRE Adoption
- On-Call Necessities
- Blameless Post-Mortems
- SRE & Scale
- SRE, Other Frameworks, Trends
- SRE & Other Frameworks
- The Future.
The target audience for this course are professionals including:
- Anyone starting or leading a move towards increased reliability
- Anyone interested in modern ITleadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers and Stakeholders
- Change Agents and Consultants
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors, Managers and Team Leaders
- Product Owners and Scrum Masters
- Software and Site Reliablity Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
The are no prerequisites to attending the Site Reliability Engineering course or sitting the certification examination. Familiarity with DevOps definitions and principles are advantageous.
Site Reliability Engineering Foundation (SREF)
Lịch khai giảng
Các khóa đào tạo DevOps Institutes khác
DTE - Continuous Testing Foundation
CAPO - Certified Agile Process Owner
CASM - Certified Agile Service Manager®
DSOF - DevSecOps Foundation
DOF - DevOps Foundation
CDA - Continuous Delivery Ecosystem Foundation
DOL - DevOps Leader
Bản quyền thuộc về Trainocate Việt Nam